NCCFFF Conservation Grant Program
The NCCFFF Conservation Grant Program is open to NCCFFF affiliated clubs in Northern California and Northern Nevada. All conservation projects which support the IFFF Moto of Conserving, Restoring, Educating through Fly Fishing...aka "We are haunted by waters, so we choose to make a difference for the fish that live in them."
2013/14 Grant Program
NCCFFF Conservation Grants typically range from $500 to $5000, however larger or smaller awards may also be considered. NCCFFF Conservation Grants are awarded based on the following evaluation criteria:
1) Project provides tangible benefit to fish and fisheries habitat in Northern California and Northern Nevada.
2) Project accomplishes specific goals and objectives.
3) Potential to involve and mobilize members of the sponsoring NCCFFF affiliated club.
4) Potential to educate NCCFFF members and the general public about the importance of the resource being protected.
5) Project focuses on an issue which is of strategic importance to the NCCFFF.
6) Timeliness of the project and reasons why the project should be conducted now.
7) Availability of matching funds through sponsoring club or other funding source.
Applying For a NCCFFF Conservation Grant
Conservation Grant applications are reviewed twice a year. Applicants are encouraged to apply by the following deadlines: To Be Announced
Under special circumstances where the timely implementation of a grant proposal requires more immediate funding, specific proposals may be considered under a different timeline if the applicant makes a strong case for why this is necessary.
Applicants are encouraged to apply using the IFFF Application Form provided.
return completed forms to:
We need your help!!
The mission of the NCCFFF is to enhance the fly fishing experience in Northern California and Northern Nevada by uniting our members and member organizations to offer resources that encourage education, conservation, and restoration.
The NCCFFF operates under the national FFF conservation banner "All Fish All Waters." The NCCFFF has a long history of local involvement in fishery conservation in California and Nevada. We focus our passion for conservation on the most critical issues affecting the species we fish for and the places we fish. The NCCFFF is the uniquely positioned as the leading organization in Northern California and Nevada working towards providing educational resources in all areas of fly fishing.
Every year the NCCFFF receives many requests for Conservation & Education grants but not enough dollars to fund them all. Please consider a donation to support our worthwhile efforts.
Recent Requests Include:
Little Truckee habitat restoration project signage
FFF Steelhead committee and the Osprey
Support for the gamefish status for striped bass
Chillers for Trout in the Classroom
Rods and Reels for casting programs for Veterans and Cancer Survivors
Carson City, Nevada Urban Pond project
DONATION VIA CREDIT CARD THROUGH OUR SECURE ONLINE WEBSITE